URI Undergraduate Research Support Fund
The Undergraduate Research Support Fund is a reimbursement program that supports undergraduate research and creative works by offsetting direct costs associated with undergraduate research-related activities.
Eligible activities must align with one of URI’s core functions:
- Raising undergraduate students’ awareness of and interest in research.
- Supporting undergraduate students in developing the knowledge and skills needed for participation in research.
- Facilitating opportunities for undergraduate students to engage in research.
- Assisting undergraduate students in disseminating and celebrating research results and achievements.
- Creating and sustaining a culture of undergraduate research and at the University of Alberta.
Funding priority within each of these categories is given to activities offering the greatest impact to the student(s) relative the value of the investment.
Program Guide (for applicants & award recipients)
Please review the new program guide for detailed information about eligibility, award conditions, adjudication criteria, application instructions, and reimbursement processes.
The URI Support Fund application must be submitted online. Supplementary information (e.g. for budget justification) can be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Applications for the URI Support Fund are accepted on an ongoing basis. We recommend applicants apply at least 4 weeks prior to need.
The URI Support Fund does not reimburse expenses incurred prior to application and approval. You must apply to and be approved for the URI Support Fund BEFORE incurring your expenses.
Make a donation to the URI Support Fund
The URI Support Fund is made possible thanks to the generosity of donors. If you would like to help support high-impact research experiences for undergraduate students, or would like more information about making a gift to the URI, please click here
or contact us.